As the official whisky provider to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, The Famous Grouse has released a limited-edition single malt to mark its sponsorship of this momentous sporting event.
This special bottling will see the release of just 1,800 bottles of Glenturret 1986 Cask Strength single malt whisky, making this a true collector’s edition.
The Glenturret single malt is one of the core ingredients of Scotland’s favourite whisky and is made at Glenturret Distillery, the home of The Famous Grouse Experience. Commenting on why he handpicked this particular single malt whisky Gordon Motion, the Master Blender, said:
“We are extremely proud to be the Official Whisky of Glasgow 2014 and wanted to mark this momentous occasion with what we do best – whisky.
When deliberating what to release it became apparent that Glenturret 1986 was the ideal choice and very timely. Glenturret is not only integral to The Famous Grouse blend but this particular batch was laid down to age in oak casks 28 years ago, the very year when the Commonwealth Games last visited the home of Scotch whisky.
This exceptional whisky gives off notes of fresh mango and passion fruit to nose with sweet honeycomb and ripe melon to taste.
So why not, pour a dram, raise a toast to Glasgow 2014 and be part of something famous.”
This deluxe 28 year old single malt whisky will be presented in a bespoke gift box that tells the story behind the whisky and its connection to the Commonwealth Games and will be available from high-end specialist retailers priced at £150 (RRP).
The whisky brand’s sponsorship of the Commonwealth Games builds on their strong sporting links, working with the Scottish Rugby Union (SRU) as their official whisky partner for over 24 years. More recently it announced its sister brand, Ginger Grouse, as the Official Pint Partner of endurance race, Tough Mudder.
The Famous Grouse limited edition Commonwealth Games whisky is available from mid-July. Like us on Facebook to find out stockists facebook/thefamousgrouseuk. It is also available to purchase from www.thefamousgrouse.com.
The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
• The Famous Grouse is the no. 1 whisky in Scotland and no. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
• The Famous Grouse has been the best selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
• The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
• Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
• The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
• The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland.(www.thefamousgrouse.com/experience)
For further information, interviews or photography re: The Famous Grouse please contact: Mhairi De Luca / Ruth Minto, The BIG Partnership Tel: 0131 557 5252 / Email: Mhairi.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you of legal drinking age in the country where you reside?
© Copyright Malt Marketing