Monday 19th October 2020: Waitrose is introducing a new interactive service with its exclusive ‘Cocktails at Home’ Experiences Boxes, in partnership with John Lewis and premium craft spirits brand, The House of Suntory.
The two limited edition boxes, which launch on the 21st October, include the key ingredients and kit to make either gin cocktails with a bottle of Roku gin, or whisky cocktails with Toki whisky.
The kit includes two John Lewis high ball glasses, cocktail spoon, jigger and a booklet containing two cocktail recipes and a range of garnishes. Inside each box is an invitation to an online masterclass with a Waitrose drinks specialist, where the recipient can find out more about their chosen spirit and learn to mix House of Suntory cocktails like a pro.
The House of Suntory in Osaka, Japan, has a long history in crafting exceptional quality premium spirits, carefully crafted by Japanese artisans with skilful precision and meticulous attention to detail in creating the perfect balance of flavours in harmony with nature.
The boxes are part of the extensive programme of virtual events hosted by John Lewis and Waitrose experts, including online wine tastings, cookery school classes, personal shopping and home styling. They have proved incredibly popular during lockdown; our experts have hosted over 583 virtual experiences and customers have bought over 23,000 tickets to online events.
Andrew Riding, Waitrose Drinks Experience Manager says: ‘Gin and whisky are the two biggest spirit categories at Waitrose – gin is still our customers’ number one spirit and imported whisky is in strong growth, with sales up 50% year on year. We love sharing our knowledge and experience with customers, and cocktails are the perfect online masterclass as everyone can deepen their understanding of their favourite spirit from the comfort of their own home.’
Shelley Maddock, Brand Manager for The House of Suntory, says: ‘We’re thrilled to be bringing this unique at-home mixology experience to Waitrose customers with our range of premium Japanese craft spirits. Both Roku gin and Toki whisky have perfectly balanced and refined flavours which make them an ideal choice for enjoying in cocktails. We also look forward to seeing customers perfect their cocktail-making craft in the series of online masterclasses, and enjoying a taste of Japan in the process’.
The Experience Box: Gin Cocktails at Home (£69)
The Suntory Roku gin is made with six Japanese botanicals, each one harvested at the peak of its season to capture the best flavour. The result is a gin with the essence of Japan: floral and sweet on the nose, smooth and silky to taste, with citrusy top n es and a spicy finish.
Ingredients included: Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Pink Peppercorns, Yuzu Juice and Dried Rose Petals, San Leo Prosecco, FeverTree Tonic Water, Boudoir Cherry Brandy and Bonne Maman Honey.
Cocktail recipes: Roku Spritz – an elegantly effervescent gin serve with a subtler and more floral bitterness than traditional spritzes
Roku 75 – a delightfully refreshing yet sweet serve, complete with a teaspoon of honey and a touch of cherry brandy, topped with Prosecco
The Experience Box: Whisky Cocktails at Home (£69)
Made by Japan’s renowned Suntory distillery, Toki whisky brings together old and new – traditionally crafted, but with grain whisky lifted from its usual supporting role to create perfect balance and harmony. The result is silky-smooth and exquisitely refined, with a subtle sweet and spicy finish. Cocktail recipes:
Toki Highball – the most popular drink in Japan, outselling beer, this serve brings the bright orchard flavours of Toki to the forefront
Toki Old Fashioned – a classic whisky serve with the addition of yuzu juice and honey, finished off with a dark chocolate garnish for added indulgence
Ingredients included: Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Yuzu Juice and Dried Lime Leaves, Waitrose No1. Single Origin Spiced Orange Dark Chocolate, FeverTree Ginger Ale, Angostura Bitters, Bonne Maman Honey
Show Launches Oldest Whisky Mortlach 75YO, New High Roller Day
ATLANTA, GA xxxxx – The Universal Whisky Experience, the world’s first luxury whisky tasting show, is scheduled for March 2- 5, 2016 at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas. Founded six years ago by real estate developer and whisky enthusiast Mahesh Patel, the memorable experience is now a four-day destination event with exclusive tastings of the world’s finest whiskies for connoisseurs and collectors alike, and intimate opportunities to mingle with Master Distillers and Blenders. This year’s show will include special surprises to celebrate the 6th anniversary of this event.
“Whisky enthusiasts value curated experiences as well as rarity and exclusivity, says Patel. “For this year’s event, one of the highlights is the exclusive launch of the world’s oldest whisky Mortlach 75YO by Gordan & Macphail, a new High Roller Day, epicurean evenings, and a new Whisky speed dating event” he added.
Brand Master Classes hosted by Master Distillers and Blenders will be held Friday, March 4th before the Nth 2016 tasting show where they will share experiences, knowledge, and rare sips with guests.
Guests can enjoy a menu of one of a kind experiences, including:
• A walk-around tasting featuring the world’s most distinguished and coveted whiskies
• New High Roller Day to be held Thursday, March 3rd features Private Suite tastings for the High Roller Super Pours, the rare “Super Pours” representing whiskies valued at more than $ 3,000 a dram
• Exclusive Brand Master Classes hosted by Master Distillers and Blenders on Friday, March 4th before the Nth 2016 tasting show including a Johnny Walker Blending Experience as well as Master Classes on Saturday, March 5
• An exclusive Glenlivet Whisky Dinner at Joel Robuchon restaurant at MGM Grand will kick-off the four-day Universal Whisky Experience in Las Vegas
• New High Roller Whisky speed dating event at Tableau restaurant at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas
• New highlights from brands and launches at the show include Bespoke Spirits introduction of Prometheus
• Intimate access to meet the makers of the best whiskies in the world
This year’s event will also showcase some of the world’s most expensive bottles of scotch. Total value of whiskey that will be showcased are estimated over $3 Million.
Guests can select from three weekend experience levels:
• High Roller Experience –Thursday, March 3 – March 5 at $2,495.00. The premium package includes exclusive access to all show event and tastings including: New High Roller Day on Thursday, March 3rd with Private Suite Tastings and Exclusive High Roller Super Pours, Private Events with other High Rollers, One-on-one meetings with brand ambassadors, Whisky Speed Dating event at Tableau restaurant, All Super Pours at the Nth 2016 main tasting show, Nth 2016 Show and Gourmet Dinner Event, Master Classes, Unparalleled High Roller Gift Bag.
• Connoisseur Experience – Friday, March 4 at $525.00. Guests seeking a high-touch experience with a few extra indulgences without going over the top will enjoy the main tasting show, hors d’oeuvres, and opportunity to attend a special event on Friday, March 4.
• The Companion Experience – Friday, March 4 at $295.00. Companions can enjoy the show for the Experience on Friday, March 4. Instead of whisky they can enjoy premium red and white wines, Champagne, hors d’oeuvres, and receive a souvenir Glencairn engraved champagne flute.
“The Universal Whisky Experience is one-of-a-kind access to sips of rare whiskies, often poured by the Master Distiller himself,” says Patel. “The event provides a forum for whisky enthusiasts and collectors to trade notes on their own purchases and collections,” he said. Complete program information and ticket sales can be found at www.universalwhiskyexperience.com.
About The Universal Whiskey Experience:
The Universal Whisky Experience was founded by C.E.O. Mahesh Patel, a successful commercial real estate developer in Atlanta, Georgia. Patel’s great passion in life is whisky, namely “Scotch” whisky. A connoisseur and enthusiast, he frequently attends exclusive whisky events and gatherings both domestically and abroad. He is an avid collector of fine and rare whiskies. Mahesh found a need in the marketplace and leveraged his special relationships to create The Universal Whisky Experience, the world’s most luxurious whisky event.
Laura Baddish, The Baddish Group
212 221 7611, ext. 304; email@example.com
Are you of legal drinking age in the country where you reside?
© Copyright Malt Marketing